- Q: How big is Plumas Bank?
A: Plumas Bank currently has 12 branch offices and 15 ATMs spanning 7 counties from northern Nevada to Truckee/Tahoe in the south to Alturas on the Oregon border in the north. For more information, visit our Locations Page.
- Q: How long has Plumas Bank been around?
A: Plumas Bank was established in 1980 in Quincy, California by a group of local business people who believed Northeastern California needed a locally managed, community oriented bank.
- Q: Why should I bank at Plumas Bank?
A: Plumas Bank is a locally managed, full-service community bank. Our offices are convenient to where you live and work. The people who work in your local Plumas Bank office may be your neighbors and friends so you can be sure they will do their best to help. We care about the families and businesses in Northeastern California and Northern Nevada.
- Q: How can I buy Plumas Bancorp Stock?
A: Plumas Bancorp stock is listed on the NASDAQ market with the stock symbol PLBC.
Those making a market in Plumas Bancorp Stock include:
Raymond James Financial, Inc. 800.800.4693 One Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111 Erin Hinner
UBS Securities LLC 203.719.7400 1285 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019 John P. Coffey
Investment Technology Group (ITG) 415.645.5903 525 Market St. Ste. 1810
San Francisco, CA 94104 Ayesha Boulware
Ask your local stock broker
- Q: How can I protect my identity? What do I do if I become a victim?
A: Protect Your Identity:
- Never respond to unsolicited requests for your social security (SSN) or financial data.
- Before discarding, shred all documents containing personal information, (receipts, statements, etc.)
- Check all credit cards and bank statements for accuracy immediately.
- Obtain a copy of your credit report yearly and check it for accuracy.
If you become a victim:
- File a police report.
- Notify the Federal Trade Commission.
- Notify all of those with whom you have a financial relationship.
- Notify credit bureau fraud units. Place a fraud alert statement on your credit report.
- Report check theft to check verification companies.
- Follow-up contacts with letters and keep copies of all correspondence.
Where to get help:
Credit Reporting Bureaus:
- Equifax (800) 525-6285
- Experian (800) 397-3742
- Trans Union (800) 680-7289
- Federal Trade Commissions (877) IDTHEFT 438-4338
- Social Security Administration (800) 269-0271
Reporting Fraudulent Check Use:
- Check Rite (800) 766-2746
- Chexsystems (800) 426-9623
- CrossCheck (707) 586-0551
- Equifax (800) 437-5120
- SCAN (800) 526-5380
- TeleCheck (800) 710-9898
Checkout this site for an Identity Theft Brochure: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0014-identity-theft.pdf
Checkout this site for information on how to protect yourself on the internet: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/privacy-identity-online-security
- Q: How is Plumas Bank protecting me from identity theft?
A: Plumas Bank assures you that any information we have about you and your accounts is kept strictly confidential. Not only have our people been trained in confidentiality but sophisticated computer technology has been employed to assure that no one has access to your personal information.
Plumas Bank has two levels of virus and spam blocking to keep your message secure. We use a highly sophisticated firewall and IDS (Intrusion Detection System).
If you have any concerns about identity theft please see the previous question or come in to your local Plumas Bank office.